Golf Course Homes in Tampa Bay
Florida is home to more 1,100 golf courses that play host to more than 48 million rounds of golf annually, with 33% by out of state visitors, 14% by non-local Florida residents, and 54% by local residents. The Tamap Bay area is home to more than 100 courses, including TPC Tampa Bay, home to the PGA Tour Champions event; Innisbrook, home to the the Valspar Championship; and Saddlebrook, designed by Arnold Palmer.
Did you know?
- Modern-day golf was invented in 1457 in Scotland. It was then banned three times because the Scottish government believed it interfered with military training.
- Almost 80% of golfers will never have a handicap under 18.
- The average golfer has a 12,500 to 1 chance of making a hole-in-one. Yet Tiger Woods made one at age 8.
- Golf was one of the only sports played on the moon. Alan Shepard used a 6-iron to play golf on the moon.
- The longest putt was a mind-blowing 375 feet.
- During the early days of golf, the balls were made out of leather wrapped in feathers.
- More than 66 million people worldwide play golf regularly. The average golfer plays 60 rounds each year and practices 1 hour 11 minutes each week. That's 300 hours each year at a golf course!