Is Land O Lakes FL a good place to live?
Is Land O Lakes FL a good place to live? We think so!
Watch video here: https://youtu.be/APcvHHA56_I
Land O Lakes is located just north of Tampa, FL. It offers lots of great things including:
1) The lakes! There are more than 50 lakes in Land O Lakes including ski lakes (Lake Thomas, Lake Padgett, Lake Saxton, King Lake to name a few!) There are various housing options including single family homes, townhomes, condos and more with lake views and lake access that make Land O Lakes a good place to live. The non-ski lakes are wildlife friendly for fishing and kayaking too.
2) The weather! Land O Lakes, and all of Florida really, has beautiful weather almost year-round. 248 days of sun! Temperatures rarely exceed 93 or fall below 35 in the winter. And because Land O Lakes is inland most properties don’t require flood insurance. Land O Lakes is also a good place to live because the great weather makes it a gardeners paradise.
3) The restaurants! Land O Lakes is a good place to live because of the thriving restaurants including local favorites like Hungry Harrys, Ukulele Brands and Larry’s Deli as well as chain restaurants including fast food like McDonalds, Zaxbys and more.
4) Master planned communities! There are various housing options making Land O Lakes a good place to live. There are master planned communities that offer resort-style amenities like tennis courts, basketball courts, pools and fitness centers. There are also rural area in Land O Lakes that offer acreage and are zoned for animals including horses.
Tour of Wilderness Lake Preserve: https://youtu.be/Xsci76RogTE
Tour Connerton: https://youtu.be/x_A1C38bwAA
Tour Bexley: https://youtu.be/8BRwNNMoCAU
Tour The Groves: https://youtu.be/V7RJp2q2YZM
Tour The Preserve at Lake Thomas: https://youtu.be/mCv1xO6VXLs
5) The schools! The schools definitely make Land O Lakes a good place to live. Land O Lakes High School has a International Baccalaureate program and is consistently one of the best high schools in the state. Land O Lakes has elementary schools inside communities including Connerton, Oakstead and Bexley.
6) Lower taxes! Land O Lakes is located in Pasco County, which means lower property taxes compared to Hillsborough County (Tampa FL). And no state income tax! Homes in the Tampa area cost on average $530K for 2500SF compared to a similar size home in Land O Lakes for $430K.
7) Very convenient to Tampa! Land O Lakes is a good place to live because it is convenient to so many places in Tampa. You can get to New Tampa in 10-15 minutes and downtown Tampa within 30 minutes. There are several major roads easily accessible to Land O Lakes including I-75/I-275, Suncoast Parkway/Veterans Expressway (toll road) and Dale Mabry Hwy.
8) Athletics! There are lots of recreation opportunities making Land O Lakes a good place to live. There are many hiking and walking trails as well as equestrian trails, community centers with pools and indoor basketball courts and more.
9) Proximity to fun things to do! Land O Lakes is a good place to live because it’s easy to get to theme parks and beaches. Busch Gardens in Tampa is less than 30 minutes from Land O Lakes and Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando are less than 2 hours. Also we have world-class beaches within an hour including Fort DeSoto and Clearwater Beach. And the springs including Weeki Wachee and Rainbow Springs are 90 minutes away. They offer crystal clear cool water for tubing, snorkeling and kayaking.
We choose to make Land O Lakes our home because we feel Land O Lakes is a good place to live. If you are considering making Land O Lakes your home, please reach out so we can help!
Tampa area relocation guides: https://www.tampateamtlc.com/blog/relocating-to-the-tampa-bay-area/